With any building project, one of the most important things to plan is what kind of materials will be used.
Either if it’s a new construction, a building, a house, remodeling or just fixing parts of an area, materials should be considered according to the need of the project. But in general, three things should be a must when choosing raw materials to work with: price, resistance and efficiency. This are of course the main concerns when materially speaking.
Other factors however are just as important. Toxicity for instance is a very serious matter. Will the material rub off? Will you and your family ingest any of it? How does it degrade and handle wear and tear? We have helped various homes on various occasions to fix one thing only to find out that a more serious matter regarding the material of the pipes were in play and we instantly go from Local Service Plumbers to Concerned Plumbers!
This is the reason why having enough information about the material your pipes are made of is so important, and here we suggest some of the best options:
- Ductile Iron: This is probably the best material to be used for safety and resistance, it can resist with efficiency extreme temperatures and is low to none corrosive. However, it’s price is maybe the highest and is usually employed in luxury constructions.
- PEX: This is a mixture of polyethylene of high density, recommended for both residential and commercial use, specifically for potable plumbing.
- Stainless Steel: The best part of it, besides it’s resistance, is it’s high resistance to corrosion and the fact that is easy to clean and sterilize.
- Copper: Great for extreme temperatures and one of the lowest in corrosion, it’s price is lately going up, due to it’s benefits.
- PVC: This material is maybe the lowest in price, and one of it’s benefits is having flexibility, light weight, strength and abrasion and wear resistance. It is low in corrosion, even though it is not the best when dealing with very high or to o low temps.
The best part about using Local Services Pro Plumbing is that we are experts and aware of such things to ensure that you and your family have the right materials. We offer free inspections with no commitments. We are right around the corner. We are here to help you. Never forget… we’re your local neighborhood service plumbing pros!
For any emergencies or worries, trust: Local Service Pro Plumbing!